Big Bus Tours Paris
Select Your Paris Big Bus Tours & Tickets
Tour the city of Paris and explore its beautiful architecture, historical landmarks, and ubiquitous natural beauty atop the double-decker Big Bus.
If you are new to the city of Paris, the best way to spend a day familiarizing yourself with landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and the Louvre museum, is by taking a Paris Hop On Hop Off Tours as they will give you a comprehensive first-hand introduction to the city. There are also live guides on select Red buses while others have audio guides in 11 languages to accompany you throughout your journey.
Big Bus Paris also offers exceptional night tours and combo tickets to help you make the most of your trip to Paris. You also have the option to hop off wherever you wish for a longer tour of any of the landmarks. Whether it is the à la mode vibe at the Place Vendôme or the royal architecture of Opera de Paris, Big Bus Tours are your ticket to each of these exceptional and must-visit destinations.
Why Choose Paris Big Bus Tours?
The Paris Big Bus Tours are an easy way to get around Paris without getting lost in the crowd.
- Open-Top Buses: The double-decker buses offer an excellent vantage point from which to take in the breath-taking beauty of the city.
- See all the Top Landmarks: Even if you just ride the bus, you can see all the major spots in the city so you can rest assured that you will not miss out on anything.
- Complimentary Add-Ons: Also enjoy additional services such as night tours, and a one-hour river cruise courtesy of Les Bateaux Parisiens on the River Seine.
- Save Money: Since the buses stop at all the major attractions, you can save money on transportation when compared to visiting each landmark on your own.
- Pre-recorded Commentary: There are live guides on select buses, while others have audio guides in 11 languages to learn more about the city throughout your journey.
Your Paris Big Bus Ticket Options Explained
1 or 2 Day Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Ticket options are available in 1-day and 2-day bus passes (in Classic, Premium, and Deluxe packages) to curate your Paris itinerary on your own.
- The 2-day Deluxe package has additional perks, such as a Seine River Cruise, and a free city tour walking app.
- Ride on buses that are well equipped with services like WiFi, air conditioning, and comfortable seats.
- Listen to pre-recorded audio guides in 11 languages with the free headphones provided on the bus.
Cancelation Policy: Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled
Discounted Ticket: Children aged 0-2yrs go free. Ages 3-12yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing.
2 Day Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour + Bateaux Parisien Cruise
- This 2-Day Deluxe Ticket will let you see Paris’ highlights from a double-decker bus.
- Enjoy a complimentary Seine River Cruise with Les Bateaux Parisiens, and access to a free city tour walking app.
- Get a complimentary Poncho to protect you against bad weather on the open-topped decks!
- Listen to an audio guide in 11 languages, or a live English-speaking guide on select buses to learn more about the city’s landmarks.
Flexible Cancelation Policy: Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours in advance.
Discounted Ticket: Children aged 3- 2 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Panoramic Night Bus Tour
- Go on a night tour of Paris and witness as the city comes alive with twinkling lights.
- The double-decker buses are open-top, Wi-Fi-enabled, and follow thoughtfully designed routes
- This panoramic 2-hour non-stop tour stops at lit-up landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Learn more about the city with the help of an audio guide available in 11 languages, and live English-speaking guides on select buses
Cancelation Policy: These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
Discounted Ticket: Children aged 3 - 12 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Audio guide languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese
Big Bus Paris Route & Timetable
Classic Route - Red
The Classic Red Route passes all of Paris’ must-see sights across 10 stops. These include the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, Trocadéro, Grand Palais, Opéra Garnier, the Champs-Elysées, and much more. The first bus leaves the Eiffel Tower at 9:30 AM.
- Timing: 9:30 AM to 5:40 PM
- Frequency: Every 10 - 15 minutes
- Duration: 2 hrs 20 min
Montmarte Route - Blue
The Montmarte Blue Route only operates seasonally and travels to Northern Paris. Its stops include the Gare du Nord, Pigalle, Sacré-Cœur, and Musée Grévin. However, it is currently not operational. The first bus is at 10 AM from the Louvre-Pyramide.
- Timing: 10 AM to 6:40 PM
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes
- Duration: 1 hr 10 min
River Seine Cruise - Orange
This complimentary 1-hour long cruise on the River Seine is conducted with Les Bateaux Parisiens for those with a Deluxe ticket, and a combo tour. It departs from the Eiffel Tower.
- Timing: 10:30 AM to 9:40 PM (Oct-Mar) 10 AM to 10:30 PM (Apr-Sept)
- Frequency: Every 60 minutes (Oct-Mar) and every 30 minutes (Apr-Sept)
- Duration: 1 hr
Big Bus Paris Stops
Classic Route - Red
1. Tour Eiffel
First Bus at 9:45 AM; Last Bus at 7:10 PM
- Palais de Tokyo
- Eiffel Tower
- Musée du Quai Branly
2. Champ de Mars
First Bus at 9:55 AM; Last Bus at 7:25 PM
- Jardin de la Tour Eiffel
- Grand Palais Éphémère
- Ecole Militaire
- Les Invalides
3. Opéra Garnier
First Bus at 10:25 AM; Last Bus at 7:50 PM
- Galeries Lafayette
- Place de la Madeleine
- Opéra Garnier
4. Louvre-Pyramide / Big Bus Information Centre
First Bus at 9:45 AM; Last Bus at 5:45 PM
- Place Vendôme
- Palais Royal
5. Louvre-Pont des Arts
First Bus at 10:05 AM; Last Bus at 6 PM
- Pyramide du Louvre
- Institute de France
- Hotel des Monnaies
- Musée du Louvre
6. Notre Dame
First Bus at 10:15 AM; Last Bus at 6:10 PM
- Musée du Luxembourg
- Notre Dame
- Palais du Luxembourg
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- The Pantheon
7. Musée d'Orsay
First Bus at 10:30 AM; Last Bus at 6:20 PM
- Musée de L'orangerie
- Musée d'orsay
- Assemblee Nationale/Palais Bourbon
- Tour Montparnasse
- Jardin des Tuileries
- Musée Rodin
First Bus at 9:45 AM; Last Bus at 6:40 PM
- Avenue Montaigne
- Arc de Triomphe
9. Grand Palais
First Bus at 10 AM; Last Bus at 6:50 PM
- Avenue Montaigne
- Petit Palais
- Grand Palais
- Place de la Concorde
First Bus at 10:10 AM; Last Bus at 7:05 PM
- Musée de La Marine
- Palais de Chaillot/Trocadéro
- Paris Aquarium
- Musée Guimet
Montmartre Route - Blue
First Bus at 9:45 AM; Last Bus at 7 PM
First Bus at 9:55 AM; Last Bus at 6:00 PM
3. Sacré Coeur
First Bus at 10:10 AM; Last Bus at 6:20 PM
4. Gare du Nord
First Bus at 9:05 AM; Last Bus at 6:40 PM
5. Musée Grévin
First Bus at 10:20 AM; Last Bus at 6:50 PM
Suggested Big Bus Paris Itineraries
Here are some suggested Big Bus HOHO routes you can follow in Paris:
If you have just one day in Paris, opt for the 1-day Big Bus Paris ticket. Here is a sample itinerary you can use:
- Start your day at the Eiffel Tower, taking in the panoramic view from the top.
- Then get on the Red Route bus that comprises ten stops. You can stop off at the Notre Dame Cathedral, and visit the nearby Latin Quarter.
- Stop at Trocadéro Gardens to visit the Paris Aquarium, or have lunch at one of the numerous Parisian cafés.
- Make a stop at the Louvre Museum and see famous historic paintings like da Vinci's Mona Lisa, and the Musée d'Orsay to see their collection of Impressionist Art.
- End your day at the Champs-Elysées to see the Arc de Triomphe or visit the many shops and restaurants in the area.
If you have 2 days, you can explore Paris at a more leisurely pace with a premium or a deluxe ticket. Here is a sample itinerary to use:
Day 1 – Set out from the Eiffel Tower and the nearby Champ de Mars park. Then get on the Red Route bus and stop off at major landmarks like the Grand Palais, Musée d'Orsay, and the Musée du Louvre. Finally, head back to the Eiffel Tower and take the complimentary Seine River Cruise.
Day 2 – Start your day by visiting the Trocadéro Gardens and the Paris Aquarium. Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral and the nearby Latin Quarter. Then head to the Champs-Elysées to see the Arc de Triomphe or spend some time shopping. End the day by opting for a Night Tour of Paris for a spectacular view of the city at night
Highlights of the Paris Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
A proud symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower is a 300-meter high wrought-iron tower. It was completed in 1889 and is known for its various restaurants and vantage points. It offers breathtaking views of Paris.
Champ de Mars
The Champ de Mars is an open green park and garden that is located right below the towering Eiffel Tower and extends to the Ecole Militaire. This park also offers the best views of the Eiffel Tower when it is lit up at night.
The Musée d'Orsay features one of the best collections of Impressionist Art in the world, including works by Van Gogh, Degas, Renoir, and Monet. It is also full of artistic architecture and sculptures.
One of the most famous museums in the world, the Louvre Museum has hundreds of famous historic paintings, including Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa. It is also home to the futuristic Louvre Pyramid.
Notre-Dame de Paris
The Notre Dame Cathedral is a historic medieval Gothic cathedral that dates back to the 1100s. A fire in 2019 led to the collapse of the spire, however, it remains one of Paris’ most celebrated landmarks.
This 2-kilometer-long avenue is one of the most beautiful in the world, It is lined with majestic monuments, including the Arc de Triomphe, and a plethora of exclusive luxury brand outlets, and theatres.
The Paris Aquarium is one of the oldest Aquariums in the world. Located in the Trocadéro Gardens, it is home to over 13,000 sea creatures, a shark basin, and immensely popular mermaid shows.
Saint-Germain Des Prés
Saint-Germain Des Prés is now one of the best shopping destinations in Paris. It features many famous cafes, bars, and restaurants including the renowned Cafe de Flore, Les Deux Magots, and Brasserie Lipp.
Paris Big Bus Visitor Tips and Guidelines
- See the top attractions: With the Big Bus Paris HOHO bus tour pass, you get to see all of the top attractions in Paris, and even if you don’t get off the bus, you can enjoy a relaxed tour instead.
- Get the App: Download the Big Bus Tours app to plan your itinerary and ensure you have the bus timings and route ready at your fingertips.
- Plan in advance: Plan your day ahead in advance and consider the timings of the attractions and the days of closing as you don’t want to waste time alighting at the wrong stops!
- Pre-book tickets: As much as possible pre-book your tickets so you can avoid spending time in the queues outside attractions.
- Get the Night Tour pass: Combine your bus pass with a cruise or a night tour for an even better and more memorable experience.
- Hop off at the attractions: Make the most of your time on the bus and remember to hop off at any attraction where you feel the need to see and experience more.
- Use the free Wi-Fi: The buses are wired with free WiFi for browsing and using social media without any hassles.
- Complimentary ponchos provided: Do not be afraid of inclement weather as complimentary ponchos are provided to ensure you have a wonderful tour of Paris.
Frequently Asked Questions About Paris Big Bus Tours
A. Big Bus is one of the top hop-on hop-off tours in Paris.
A. Hop-on hop-off buses are tourist buses that allow you to board and leave whenever you like and sightsee at your own convenience.
A. You can purchase Paris Big Bus hop on hop off bus tour tickets online.
A. Yes, you can buy Paris Big Bus hop-on-hop-off tickets online here.
A. There are multiple hop-on hop-off bus tours, most of which begin from €26.10.
A. Paris Big Bus hop-on hop-off bus tours run at a frequency of 15 to 20 minutes.
A. There are two Big Bus tour routes in Paris - the red and blue, as well as a night tour
A. Yes, you will get access to audio guides available in up to 11 languages to learn more about the city.
A. Yes, the Paris Big Bus hop-on hop-off tours are accessibility-friendly for wheelchair users.