Golden Tours London
Looking for the best value for money on Hop on Hop off tours in London? Don’t look beyond Golden Tours! The Golden Tours Company is a trusted travel company in London, being a home-grown enterprise that has an array of services spanning from day trips to city tours and HOHO tours.
The easily recognizable blue and white Golden Tours open-top buses can be witnessed plying across the city, stopping at over 70 bus stations close to London’s major attractions and landmarks. The Golden Tours HOHO set themselves apart by offering over 40 variations of the HOHO tickets. The main tickets of 1 Day, 24 hours and 48 hours tickets are offered with combinations of premium attractions in London.
Get a Golden Tours HOHO ticket and be assured of a comfortable way to sightsee and save on money and time!
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off
The Golden Tours Company has been a legendary name in the travel industry in London and the UK. Started in 1984, it has decades of experience in running city tours, day trips, and open bus tours across the UK.
The Open Bus Tours are one of the best Hop-on Hop-off experiences in the city and offer over 70 stops, excellent routing, comfortable coaches, and an array of freebies and services. Golden Tours also have special partnerships with attractions in London to offer discounts on entrance tickets. However, the cherry on the cake remains the extra 24 hours of validity available on the 24 hour and 48 hour tickets, and the river cruise that can be boarded as many times as you want!
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off - Advantages
1. Overview of the city
Golden Tours HOHO is an incredible way of getting around the city for sightseeing. The Hop-on Hop-off bus routes are designed in such a way that they are in close walking distance to major landmarks, attractions and monuments. Just by taking a round loop tour of any of the bus routes you can view iconic attractions and get a sense of the city. Golden Tours HOHO has more than 70 stops and their Grand Tour is one of the longest HOHO Bus Routes in London and offers a glimpse of the city’s glory.
2. Ease of getting around
Figuring out the local transport in a new city is one of the biggest challenges of tourists. If you don’t do it right you will end up spending a lot of money and wasting a lot of time! One of the best ways to avoid this in London is by taking the Golden Tours HOHO bus tours. The well-planned fixed routes are easy to plan an itinerary and all you have to do is hop on and hop off to get to your chosen destination. You don’t have to wait in queues, purchase transport passes or individual tickets! You can enjoy free transport in a comfortable open-top bus for the duration of your ticket.
3. Various routes to choose from
Golden Tours HOHO in London has some of the best routing amongst all HOHO companies. They have three main routes – Essential Tour (Blue Route) which covers all of Central London, Classic Tour (Red Route) which covers the Museum Quarter and Central London and the Grand Tour (Orange Tour) which covers all of Central London, King’s Cross and Regent Park. There are also morning pick up and evening drop off bus routes which connect major hotel areas to the HOHO bus routes. Wherever you wish to go, there is a Golden Tours HOHO bus that will take you there!
4. Informative commentary
All the buses of Golden Tours Hop-on Hop-off Open bus tours have pre-recorded commentary in 11 languages including English, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish. If you are getting on to the Essential Tour or the Blue Route you have the additional benefit of listening to a live guide who will narrate interesting stories and legends about the attractions as you pass them.
Every penny saved is a penny available to spend on shopping and experiences while traveling. By choosing to go on a Golden Tours HOHO tour you will be saving a lot of money and time. For instance, a one-way metro ticket costs upwards of £4.90 and you will end up taking the metro multiple times while sightseeing. Additionally, you will also save a lot of money on free walking tours (£15) and free river cruise (£15), making sure you recoup your cost of HOHO ticket right off the bat! The 24 hour and 48 hour tickets also get extra 24 hour bus time free!
6. Entry ticket discounts
Golden Tours HOHO offers some of the best combo deals and discounts. They are also partnered with attractions like Warner Bros. Studio Tour, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Madame Tussauds, and St. Paul’s Cathedral. You will enjoy savings on entrance tickets upwards of £10 and can enjoy more attractions with the savings!
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off Ticket Types
24 Hours Hop-on Hop-off Ticket
The 24 Hours Hop-on Hop-off London bus ticket is ideal for travellers short on time and want to pack in as much as possible. The ticket will give you access to all the routes of Golden Tours bus company for 24 hours.
- Extra 24 hours: You also can enjoy an additional 24 hours free, which will give you a total of 48 hours of bus time!
- Free Walking Tour: Enjoy free walking tours and choose from The Royal Walking Tour (10:00 AM) or The Beatles Walking Tour (1:00 PM), each of which last for around 90 minutes.
- Free River Cruise: Get a free 24 hours river cruise where you can hop on and hop off as many times as you want along the piers – Westminster Pier, Embankment Pier, Festival Pier, Bankside Pier, and St. Katharine’s Pier.
- Audioguide: Learn the secrets of the city thanks to the local expert guide onboard the Blue Route buses and access audio guides in 11 languages on other buses
- Free Wifi: Stay connected with the world with free WiFi and earn points on the free treasure hunt app
48 Hours Hop-on Hop-off ticket
The 48 Hours Golden Tours HOHO bus ticket is suitable for those travellers who wish to explore on their own pace and cover all of London’s sights. The ticket will give you 48 hours access to all the routes on open tour buses.
- You get to enjoy an extra 24 hours of bus time, which means you have 72 hours of free transport and access to all the bus routes!
- Take a peek into history with free walking tours that leave from Leicester Square. You can choose from The Royal Walking Tour (10:00 AM) or The Beatles Walking Tour (1:00 PM)
- Soak in the sights along the Thames on 24 hour River Cruise pass that you can use multiple times to hop on and hop off between Westminster Pier and St. Katharine’s Pier.
- Learn more about the city’s landmarks as you pass them thanks to the live guide on the Blue Route and the pre-recorded audioguide in 11 languages on other routes.
- Don’t forget to download the Treasure Hunt app and get discounts and freebies!
24 Hours Ticket + London Eye
The 24 Hours Golden Tours HOHO Ticket with the entrance to the London Eye is a great way to enhance your travel experience.
- You can access 24 hours of bus time plus an extra free 24 hours with this ticket, as well as entry to the Coca Cola London Eye and save money
- Get a bird’s eye view of London City from the London Eye, as you rise 135m in the air in a glass capsule for about 30 minutes and enjoy panoramic views of London City.
- Enjoy free walking tours and 24-hours Thames River Cruise where you can hop-on and hop-off multiples times between Westminster Pier and the Tower of London.
- Tune into live commentary on the Blue Route and the pre-recorded commentary on all other Golden Tours HOHO Routes.
24 Hours Ticket + London Dungeon
The 24 Hours HOHO bus ticket with entrance to the London Dungeon is a fantastic way to save money and enjoy sightseeing in London.
- You get access to 24 hours plus an extra 24 hours of HOHO bus time with this ticket, and an entrance to the London Dungeon.
- Be immersed in a unique experience at the London Dungeon that will both terrorize and entertain you! Meet Guy Fawkes, visit the Demon Barber of Fleet Street’s Barber Shop and walk in the footsteps of Jack the Ripper!
- Cruise along the Thames with a 24 hour pass that lets you hop on and hop off multiple times between St. Katharine’s Pier and Westminster Pier.
- Enjoy free Wifi, free Treasure hunt app that offers discounts and free walking tours that includes viewing the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Sit back and relax on the open top buses as you listen to live commentary on the Blue Route and audio guides in 11 languages on other routes
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off Routes
Golden Tours HOHO offers five routes in London that take travellers across all the tourist hotspots and landmarks in the city. Here is a glimpse at each route and what it offers –
The Essential Tour (Blue Route)
The Essential Tour as the name suggests covers all the iconic and top sights in London, and has 27 stops on its route.
- The Essential Tour also marked as the blue route covers Central London and sights like Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and even the Tower of London.
- The first bus on the Essential Tour leaves Victoria at 9:00 AM, and the last bus at 7:40 PM while the last loop bus leaves at 5:00 PM.
- You can cross over to the other routes from the Essential Tour route at stops 2, 3, 4, 8-28 (Except for 15). With just one ticket you can access all the five routes.
The Classic Tour (Red Route)
The Classic Tour is a fantastic route for museum lovers and tourists who want to tick things off their bucket list. The route has 30 stops that cover the museum quarter and Central London.
- The Classic Tour is designed to cover all the important sights in London including the museum quarter of Victoria & Albert Museum, Science and Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and the Kensington Palace and Gardens.
- This tour is marked as the Red Route and the first bus leaves Buckingham Palace at 8:11 AM and the last bus at 6:11 PM.
- The Red Route on the Golden Tours HOHO overlaps with other routes at stops 2, 7, 8, 44, 45, 73, 74 and 76, from where you can get on to the other routes.
The Grand Tour (Orange Tour)
The Grand Tour is a long route that covers sights across Central London, touches upon Hyde Park and Regents Park, and is an ideal route for those wishing to soak in all the sights on one loop. The route has 24 stops.
- The Grand Tour covers the sights of Central London and beyond like Westminster Abbey, Charing Cross, Tower of London, it also covers the area of Regent Park and nearby spots like Madame Tussaud’s. The route also touches the transport hubs of King’s Cross and Euston Square while stopping at the British Museum.
- This tour is recognized as the Orange Tour, the first bus leaves at 8:45 AM at Madame Tussaud’s and the last bus leaves at 4:54 PM.
- The Orange Route of the Golden Tours HOHO Bus Tours overlaps with the other routes at stops 7, 8, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27, 28, 44, 45, 46, 60, and 61.
The Yellow Morning Pick up Service
The Yellow Morning Pick up service route is a great way of joining the rest of the routes on the Golden Tour HOHO bus tours.
- The yellow route has 14 stops that include Holland Park Avenue, Notting Hill Gate, Bayswater Road, Paddington, Praed Street, Park Lane, Hilton Hotel, and Piccadilly, which covers most of the hotels in London.
- The first bus leaves Holland Park Avenue at 7:44 AM while the last bus leaves at 9:47 AM. The frequency of the buses is every 15 to 20 minutes.
The Green Evening Drop-off Service
The Green Evening Drop-Off Service route is perfect to end the day as it will drop you off in the hotel district in London, after picking you up from various Golden Tour HOHO bus tour points.
- The Green Route has 20 stops that include stops like Trafalgar Square, Victoria, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and the London Eye and goes on till Lancaster Gate, Notting Hill Gate, Holland Park Avenue, and Marble Arch.
- The first bus leaves Lambeth Palace at 4:32 PM and last bus at 6:12 PM. The Golden Tours evening drop-off service has a frequency of every 20 to 30 minutes.
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off - Suggested Itineraries
1 Day Itinerary
Choose the 24 hour ticket so that you can also avail the walking tour as well as the river cruise. Start your day by going on a Royal Walking Tour to view the Changing of the Guard. Later, take the Essential Tour or the Blue Route which will take you through all the iconic sights in London. You can take time and explore Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, and the Tower of London. A great way to explore the rest of London would be to take a route loop of the Grand Tour or the Orange Route. End the day with a cruise down the Thames to view the picturesque architecture.
2 Days Itinerary
Day 1 – You should start your day by going on a Royal Walking Tour to watch the Changing of the Guard. It is a great way to familiarise yourself with London’s streets and then move on to taking the Golden Tours Classic Tour or the Red Route which goes through the attractions like the Tower of London and the museum district including Victoria & Albert Hall, Kensington Palace and Gardens.
Day 2 – Use the day to spend time on the Golden Tours Orange Route, also known as the Grand Tour. Head to Madame Tussauds and then take the long route towards British Museum. Later on, spend the afternoon at London’s attractions like the London Eye, Shrek’s Adventure. End the day with a relaxing cruise on the Thames and watch the sunset over London’s skyline.
3 Days Itinerary
Day 1 – Three days in London will give you a lot of time to explore the city and its attractions at your own pace. You should purchase the 48 hours ticket which will give you an extra 24 hours free as well as all the perks. Start by going on a Royal Walking Tour and then take the Classic Tour or the Red Route which will take you through the museum quarter. You can visit the Victoria & Albert Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace and stroll through Hyde Park to end your day.
Day 2 – Use this day to activate your River Cruise pass and start exploring all the sights along the Thames. With the 24 hour River Cruise Pass you can hop on and hop off along between Westminster Pier and St. Katharine Pier as many times as you want. Spend time at iconic landmarks like St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London; and go up to the observation deck at the London Eye.
Day 3 – Spend the last day in London enjoying its unique attractions by taking the Grand Tour known as the Orange Route. You can visit attractions like Madam Tussauds, Sherlock Holmes Museum, SEA LIFE Aquarium, and London Dungeon at discounted rates.
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off Tips
- Golden Tours is the only operator which offers both variants – 1 Day and 24 Hours, be mindful of which variant you are purchasing. The 1 Day variant is valid for a calendar day, which means if you activate it on 10 AM Monday it will work only until 11:59 PM Monday. The 24 Hours variant is valid for 24 hours, which means if you activate it on 10 AM Monday it will be valid till 10 AM on Tuesday.
- The walking tours start from the Tourism Island, Charing Cross Road (beside the Portrait Gallery. Make sure you are present there atleast 10 minutes prior to departure so that you do not miss the tour!
- Golden Tours offers a river cruise pass which is valid for 24 hours. When you plan your itinerary make sure to activate it according to when you might use it to the maximum. The best thing about the pass is that it works like a hop on and hop off pass, you can get on and off as many times you want.
- Make sure to pre-book tickets and check the holiday schedule for the attractions. Golden Tours has online maps that will help you plan your journey in advance.
- If you are short on time, the best way to soak in all the sights is to take a round loop of the Grand Tour or the Orange Tour. It covers all the main tourist attractions in London except for the museum quarter.
- Golden Tours HOHO has an exclusive treasure hunt app which will allow you to collect points as you travel across the city. At the end of your journey you can redeem the points for discounts, freebies and other gifts.
- The top deck seats are much in demand and if you are looking forward to complete a loop it is best to board the bus at the first point of departure, as you can get the seat of your choice. Also, remember that buses drive on the right side of the road and you will get better views if you seat on the right side of the bus.
- There is no predicting London weather; while there is enough covered space on the bus it is best to carry rainproof gear. Umbrellas are usually not allowed to be opened onboard for safety of other passengers.
Golden Tours London Hop On Hop Off Reviews
We chose the 48 hours HOHO ticket that gave us an extra 24 hours to boot. It gave us enough to explore all the options. We also chose the London Eye combo, it saved us a lot of money on the entrance. The only way I could make the trip better was probably book all my entrance tickets through them as it would have saved me more money. - Stanley J.
The buses are amazing to take a break in the sightseeing without actually taking a break. Especially with two kids who get cranky at the drop of a hat, we found the luxury of sitting in a bus and viewing the city priceless. I would suggest better earphones for the audioguide, but everything else was good. We enjoyed the live guide commentary. - Rita Shirley
I was visiting London alone for two days and chose the 24 hour plus 24 hour free ticket. It is the only HOHO operator which offers this kind of a deal and being on a budget I had to take it. The buses are quite good but the best feature I liked was the river cruise. I spent an entire day just covering all the sights along the Thames by the cruise, didn’t even get onto the bus. - Adam Hoover